Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pumpkin Soup


Made the most yummiest soup ever today. The best part of this soup is that the main ingredients: pumpkin and maple syrup, came off the property here. It almost tastes like eating a pumpkin pie with out all the sugar and  heaviness. It is so simple to make. 

To find the recipe I googled: Pumpkin Soup which lead me to the Pioneer Woman's Website. Once there I found this recipe. I then went and looked for other recipe's to compare and contrast. I found others that used onions and celery or other spices, but the Pioneer Woman's just spoke to me.

I think that next time I will try curry instead of nutmeg and see how that tastes.


Look at all that good for you pumpkin!


Last years maple syrup is going in the soup and this years is in the pot in the back ground on the left.


Simmer, simmer, simmer. 

It was so smooth and yummy! When we froze the pumpkin we ran it through our food mill and so it was already smooth when we put it in the pot.

We will definitely be making this soup again!




1 comment: